By using our website, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
If you have any questions, please click here for information on how to contact us.
Storitz complies with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. Storitz makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge this Site is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
1. What Information We Collect. Storitz gathers two basic types of information through the Site: "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "SS") and "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (or "Non-PII"). PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, telephone number, or billing information) and Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Storitz and third parties with whom Storitz has contracted to provide services to Storitz may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: Internet protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below).
i. IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs. This Site's web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and does not contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site's servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. In addition to the Non-PII usage of IP Addresses described above we also may link your IP address to personally identifiable information for fraud prevention purposes.
iii. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to track your use of our website in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience the next time you visit. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors' hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
2. How Information We Collect Is Used. We know it is very important to protect the information you share with us. We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. We also encrypt credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
You should feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use non-PII information about you and other Site visitors on an aggregate basis to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you.
In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Storitz family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose any of your PII.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated as PII. This "combined" PII is not shared with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
b. Personally Identifiable Information
i. Site. We may use PII you give us to better tailor your website experience to your interests, to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We may also share your PII within the Storitz business family in order to enhance your experience on other Storitz websites. To the extent we do so, we make sure that your PII receives the same level of protection throughout the Storitz business family. All Storitz companies comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future. Please note that such sharing may involve the collection use, storage, or disclosure of PII outside the United States of America.
ii. Communications. If you choose to opt-in, we may use your PII to send you information about Storitz and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. If at any time you change your mind and prefer to no longer receive such marketing communications from us, please see the "Opt-In Policy" section below.
iv. Fulfillment of Requests. Storitz may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., to confirm your registration or fulfill your purchase).
v. Facilitation of Transactions. Forms on the Site may sometimes be pre-populated with your PII in order to facilitate a transaction between you and Storitz.
vi. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits, for fraud prevention and for other internal purposes.
vii. Shopping/Commercial Services. This Site may offer storage rental, merchandise and/or purchase services, which may be offered by us or by one of our e-commerce partners. To the extent the merchandise and/or ticket purchase services are offered by one of our e-commerce partners, such e-commerce partner will be collecting and using the PII you provide. For more information regarding your transactions with our e-commerce partners, please refer to Section 4(b) below.
To the extent Storitz is the entity offering the purchase services, when you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your PayPal account number), billing address and other information related to such purchase (collectively, "Payment Information") from you. We will use the Payment Information that you provide to bill you for your purchase and to fulfill your purchase. By providing your Payment Information, you are authorizing us to give that information to third parties as necessary to confirm and fulfill your order (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number and to send you a rental contract with the applicable company from whom you have rented storage space).
3. How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Is Disclosed
a. Affiliate Communications. If you choose to opt-in, we may share your PII with our affiliates, so that our affiliates may send you announcements and notifications of events, products or services that might be of interest to you. For further information, please see the "Opt-In Policy" section below.
b. Third Party Communications. We may also share your PII with third parties to allow such third parties to send promotional communications to you. Such third parties may include moving companies, truck/van rental companies and others who are involved in the moving, storage, and relocation business and their contractors. In addition, when you complete a Transaction account on our Site (or try to do so), you consent to allow us to provide your personal information to these providers.
c. Storitz Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment, credit card processing and other services of an administrative nature. If you use our services, we reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties treat PII in a manner comparable to how we do so.
d. Other Purposes. We also may disclose your information:
4. Collection of Information By Third Parties
c. Job Postings. If you apply for a position with Storitz and submit your personal information through our website, the information you submit will be used only in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
d. Third Party Advertising. The ads appearing on this Site are delivered to you by our third party advertising partners. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Non-PII about your visits to this Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you.
5. Opt-In Policy .
a. Storitz Communications. When you supply Storitz with PII, from time-to-time, in Storitz's discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, Storitz and/or our advertisers and partners. If you do choose to opt-in to receive such communications, we may, from time to time, send you marketing communications.
In any commercial email we send, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says "unsubscribe." It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements, administrative notices and surveys.
Please note that opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party (such as a storage space provider) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
b. Affiliate and Third Party Communications. From time-to-time in Storitz's discretion, you may be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers directly from our affiliates and/or from third parties. If you do choose to accept any such offer(s), any PII provided to Storitz for such purposes may be shared with our affiliates and such third-party partner(s), to allow our affiliates and/or such third parties to provide you with such offers. If you change your mind and would prefer that we no longer share your PII with our affiliates and/or with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such future sharing at any time by following the procedure above, provided however, you may not be able to opt out of certain third party offers that are displayed on our Site.
7. Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You. This Site also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove PII that you have provided to us by way of this Site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that although this information will not be available on the Site after you delete it, the information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. To the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will reach such other databases in a timely manner.
8. Security of Your PII. Storitz employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for PII collected through this Site, including physical, electronic and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While Storitz takes all appropriate steps to safeguard PII under our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that PII supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Contacting Storitz Regarding this Site. If you have any questions concerning this Policy, you may send them by email to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us. You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to:
11. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information about how we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
We may provide this information in a standard format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for using Storitz!
© 2014 Storitz Inc. All rights reserved.